Betsye Sargeant of The Phoenix School in Salem, Mass. and I collaborated on the Dot Day Recipe Project. Originally created by librarian Matthew Winner, this project allowed for us to really delve deep into art, technology, and language arts.
In a nutshell:
- Read the books The Dot and Ish by Peter H. Reynolds.
- Students explore with paint and create color recipes using primary colors and white.
- Students exchange recipes with another school and use the color to create a work of art.
- Students view each other's work, post on their blogs, and write thank-you notes to each other.
- example of a "thank you" blog post: click HERE
For the full lesson plan click HERE
Please enjoy our Dot Day 2014 video!
|The Dot Big Screen Book - click HERE for more info|